Two months ago Steven and I were looking at the schedule for a game. It was Steven's Father's Day/Birthday present. A Saturday day game and the TB Rays on the 9th would be the tickets.
Then providence took over.
Steven and I thought we had just seen the re-make of the "The Natural'.
The game was the ice cream in the sandwich. The first cookie was a great meal at an unique Thai restaurant, Kin Shop, picture classic cuisine meets Thai spice market. The second cookie of our ice cream sandwich was thicker. Saturday night the boys went out. First great cocktails at the Orient Express with one appetizer. Finished and our table was ready on cue at the 'Spotted Pig'. Looks like a bar with tables crammed into every corner and going out the front door. The menu was as eclectic as the decor. Starters were New Brunswick oysters, Deviled Eggs, Pear Stuffed with Dates wrapped in Bacon after that we went with their signature Roquefort Burger with a mountain of fries. We picked our selves up and went to the Highlands for several single malts and joined later by Meredith Yasek.
Simply a Perfect Day.
G-Man the Nightfly (AKA Dad)
1 comment:
Great posting. And what a fabulous memory for you and Steven.
By the way, I finally figured out how to get registered to post, and WJAZ is now on my dashboard. So this morning I put up a posting about summer drinks. Plans are to keep up with both blogs.
Post a Comment